Despite the mesmerising effect that a camp fire can have on you, it is very important to also keep in mind that camp fires can spark wildfires. It is very important to take safety precautions such as:
• Never leave a camp fire unattended.
• Having enough water and a shovel close by to smother an out-of-control fire with water or dirt.
• Avoid building camp fires under hanging branches. It is also a good idea to clear a few meters in a circle around the fire of all flammable debris.
• Never bury hot coals, as they can continue to burn and cause root fires or wildfires.
• Make sure you extinguish the camp fire properly. Use plenty water or dirt, and stir the ashes or wood and add more water. Check that there are no burning embers left whatsoever.
• Making sure the fire pit is large enough for the camp fire and there are no combustibles near the camp fire.
• Avoid the construction of the camp fire on a windy day.
• Never sit to close to a fire or put your feet up facing the fire.
@ 2022 Copyright. Designed by